Branciforte Middle is a campus of uniquely open hallways and space. Servicing students in grades 6-8, Branciforte is set in a quiet neighborhood, Branciforte is a creative and stimulating learning community built on a foundation of respect and integrity, where individuals are safe, known well, and cared for, where everyone contributes and values the contributions of others. Bond work at Branciforte has delivered new shaded eating areas, a reimagined multipurpose and theater space, as well as a new music building and expansive parking area. Going forward, having an historic campus means a lot of modernization opportunities to keep Branciforte’s classrooms on the cutting edge of technology, comfort and sustainable energy usage.
As we work to improve all classroom environments, Santa Cruz City Schools is committed to sustainability and moving toward our goal of Net Zero emissions campuses. All modernization projects included in the Facility Master Plan Update shall include the following sustainability components:
315 Poplar Street Santa Cruz, CA 95062-1131
- LED lighting to replace inefficient fluorescent
- dual pane windows to replace older single pane
- new high efficiency HVAC systems with increased outside air intake and CO2 detection
- responsible roofing to reduce heating and cooling energy and to reduce radiant heat
- increased insulation
- use of locally sourced and recycled materials.
- added solar structures where possible
Within the Facility Master Plan Update, safety and security improvements have been evaluated and the following components have been included for future implementation
- security fencing and gates
- supervised campus entries
- site visibility
- door hardware & remote, smart locking systems
- window treatments
- a robust security camera system for each school.
Interactive site plan for upcoming projects
Projects related to this campus.